Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Inspirational Brand












The inspirational brand I have chosen is Nixon. As a designer I can appreciate the extreme attention to detail that is put into each design. This goes behind engineering details and small design details. This is more about an understanding of the emotions evoked by a product and a full understanding of the customer. I think Nixon is a strongly emotional brand and not afraid of polarizing themselves. Personally I don't think that is a bad thing. You can't appeal to everybody so don't make your product dull by trying to, you will have greater success if people hate your product because in turn somebody will love it. They know who there consumers are and aren't afraid to alienate the rest of the market from them. Furthermore when they design a product like the 51-30 Gunmetal as pictured above they take it to heart. The emotion and feel of the product really relates to the name and I think I don't need to say anything about the marketing image. Nixon is simply a really cool company and if you hate them well they don't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment