Thursday, December 2, 2010

Course Evaluation

Overall this was an excellent course and I really feel that I learned a lot. I think I learned how to communicate my designs in a forms and details. Beyond learning technical skills I think the most important thing was learning how to speak. The layouts and the technical skills can come with practice and I supposed that speaking can as well. However we never really learned anything about who you are presenting for or what you are presenting. I think that is the most important thing what you are presenting? Did I ever really truly deeply think about that.

I think that the class was great the way it was. The only small changes I would have liked to see I guess are a little bit of interest in the sketches. We got to do sketching but not to much was learned about that. Secondly I would have liked to do at least one traditional crit. Because in the end that is how we present and you can do all the practice tools you want to help prepare for that. However like in sports practice can help prepare you and get you ready but you really get better from game experience. I'm not saying that we need to do them a lot because I really enjoyed the break from them. I would have liked to do only one so you could critique how we did that.

I do want to say thanks Michael though because I really enjoyed this class and feel that I really learned a lot, hopefully it benefited you as a designer as well because I'm told teaching does that.

1 comment:

  1. If I could, I would require a public speaking course. I would have *hated it as a student, but it probably would have helped me a lot. I hope my version is a good replacement.

    ReplyDelete